Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wednesday Night Pre-Teen Class

We have Bible classes for all ages-- in fact we have several adult classes that meet each week, including a special Ladies Class. All the children meet in the gym at 6:50pm for singing and prayer.

Here we go-- the children start to congregate in the stands

Brett Huftedler and Justin Cagle lead the kids in songs-- Eutah Evans led prayer

In my pre-teen class, we had a Bible verse pair search (I split verses in two parts and each child had to locate the other half). As an object lesson, we made Silly Putty. When you mix the ingredients, it immediately changes form and makes putty. As long as you work it in your hands, it becomes more pliable. As soon as you place it back on the table, it begins to separate and return to its old form. I used I John 3:7-10 as a reference to the fact that as long as we allow God to mold us, we become better-- as soon as we quit, we will also return to our old state. (An excellent object lesson-- I provided the recipe for all the kids and they seemed to enjoy it.) Pictured above: Brent, Monica, and Matthew


Matthew's bowl turned out perfect-- you will notice the sticky goo-- roll it in your hands and it becomes perfect putty


Monica also made some putty-- this is Monica's first week with us- she recently moved from Highland, Ar.



A close-up of Brent's silly putty

I try to make an interesting game or object lesson or skit each week to emphasize the lesson. We'd love to have your child visit our Bible classes-- all our teachers plan interesting lessons for the children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog by accident. I added it to my favorites. It makes me smile. God bless your church. I wish our congregation in Minnesota was as active for my children and grandchildren.